Join us! Open Heart Forgery loves to include as many people as possible in our activities, whether it be publishing, distribution, organizing events, doing literary or community outreach. We’re always looking for people with new ideas! If you want to get involved or start an OHF-related project, write us at OpenHeartForgery@outlook.com
We have roles that you can get involved with to learn new skills, enhance your resume and give back to the community.
Editor: Georgia Atkin
Layout: Erica Allanach
Treasurer / Secretary: Janet Brush
Communications: Jim Hoyle
Website: Tim Covell
Outreach: Vacant – See Description below, and let us know if you are interested.
Purpose: The Outreach Coordinator will work as part of the OHF volunteer committee to develop ways to attract new poets and readers and expand Open Heart Forgery’s impact within the HRM.
Time Commitment: Approximately 5-10 hours per month (as necessary)
- Applicant should have connections within the HRM arts & culture community and/or be willing to build new connections.
- Willingness to generate new ideas and follow through with them.
- Access to own transportation is an asset.
Possible tasks for the Outreach Coordinator may include:
- Coordinating poster placement and press releases monthly – to solicit new poem submissions and promote the launch of OHF issues.
- Seeking out new locations for OHF issue distribution and arranging for delivery (especially outside the Halifax peninsula).
- Arranging OHF participation in community events (eg. Word On The Street, Jazz Fest, Poetry Month events, Nocturne).
- Reaching out to other writing/poetry/literary groups, to arrange mutual events and collaboration.
- Targeting universities and high schools to encourage new contributors to submit poems.
- Organizing pop-up poetry readings around the HRM.
Open Heart Farming: Mary Ellen Sullivan, Lois Brison Brown, Paul Brown